Dream and see yourself on top of one of the highest mountains of the planet? Want to take part in a real extreme movie? You are in a hand’s width from realizing this desire! Famous climbers Vitaliy Lazo and Anton Pugovkin are ready to invite you to join the expedition to the 8-thousander in the summer of 2020 and take part in shooting of the film “Karakoram. Death Zone Freeride”.
To join the project:
1. CHECK IF YOUR SKILLS COMPLIES WITH THE PROJECT REQUIREMENTS AND APPLY
Fill the form and record a short video message.
2. BECOME A FINALIST AND GET IN-PERSON INTERVIEW
After the study of application, we will select the finalists, who will be interviewed in person.
3. BECOME A WINNER AND PARTICIPATE IN #DEATHZONEFREERIDE PROJECT!
Are you ready for the 8-thousander?
- good physical shape (regular exercise)
- experience of high-altitude climbs (minimum commercial ascents, ascents with a guide no less than at 7000 m)
- confident piste skiing skills (steady skiing on the “red” slopes).
The winner gets the right to:
- participate in "Death Zone Freeride" project during Summer, 2020 (June 10 — August 05) on preferential terms, with payment of expedition costs in the amount of 50% off of the total cost (it is not commercial, but sport expedition).
- participate in the filming of "Death Zone Freeride" annual movie.
Participation in the "Death Zone Freeride" project in Summer, 2020 includes:
- expedition of climbing the Broad Peak, 8051 m, skiing down (partial or full)
- training (freeride, skiing, ice climbing, snow lessons, etc.
- participation in filming on location
- preparation for the expedition and filming before the expedition.
All questions on participation in the contest can be asked at firstname.lastname@example.org
Following expenses for participation in “Death Zone Freeride” project are paid by the contest winner on their own:
- personal equipment
- basic equipment — partially (tents, ropes, etc.)
- flight to Islamabad, Pakistan and back
- 50% of the cost of the “full package” $ 4,800 (cost of a full package is $ 9,600)*
* “Full package” — services of the host country, Pakistan, which include:
- Arrival and departure at the airport of Islamabad
- Accommodation at a hotel in Islamabad, 2 nights
- Transfer Islamabad - Skardu - Ascol and back
- Permissions for trekking and climbing (Broad Peak, 8051 m)
- Organization of trekking to Base Camp
- Food on the active part of the route to BC and in the BC
- Accommodation on the trekking and in the BC (tent)
- Assistance by a local guide
- Guide services on the ascent.